Seeking Researchers–Race, Religion and American Judaism

The Center for Jewish Ethics at the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College, with support from the National Endowment for the Humanities, is sponsoring new research for a project titled “Race, Religion and American Judaism: Cross-Disciplinary Research, Public Scholarship and Curriculum Development.” We are seeking ten scholars in the humanities and humanistic social sciences to serve as research fellows, advancing scholarship on race, religion, and Jewish experience. While specific research questions will be determined by the Fellows, we have identified four broad topics that we hope to address. We view these topics as a jumping off point, and we encourage you to apply even if your interests do not fit neatly into one of these categories:1) Jewish identity and theories of race and religion2) Race and the American Jewish experience (including the history of immigration, discrimination, and activism)3) Racial and cultural diversity in American Jewish life today4) A Jewish ethical response to racism See here for additional information and application instructions: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScFXAmByFr6c3YDejYszKn4nroQ0fRiWUFpjLeg7aTB6sS5yA/viewform

Reconstructionist Rabbinical College + Project Coordinator

1 Response

• Catholic Jewish Women's Conference Los Angeles + Jewish Co-Chair

Hi Eli:

Perhaps mine is not exactly the response you are looking for but, I’m the Jewish co-chair of the Catholic Jewish Women’s Conference of Los Angeles.  We are looking for a Jewish woman of color to speak at our annual conference on November 11 (on Zoom).  I thought that perhaps in your research you might have found an engaging, enthusiastic speaker to recommend.

Please feel free to contact me at levinedp@gmail.com  or (818) 257-4330.

Diane Levine

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)