Inter-group Solidarity & Jewish Cultural Narratives Research

Hi Jews of Color Initiative! I am reaching about a qualitative study I’m running this year exploring Jewish cultural narratives related to collective safety, and how they have evolved over time for folks who do coalition-building and/or solidarity work. I am a white Ashkenazi Jew, and a second year counseling doctoral student at UCSB. A goal of mine is to bring psychology literature related to Jewish meaning making and cultural narrative (which has historically been “value neutral”), into a justice-oriented focus. In the past, research on similar themes has primarily centered white Jews and their experiences, and I hope to highlight perspectives in this study that are representative of the entire Jewish community. I would be honored to involve JoCI members in my exploration of these topics in a way that is meaningful for you. Let me know if you have any questions or would like to connect more! My email is ehubert@ucsb.edu. If you are interested in participating or have questions, you can fill out this form.

1 Response

• Catholic Jewish Women's Conference Los Angeles + Jewish Co-Chair

Hi Elana:

Perhaps mine is not exactly the response you are looking for but, I’m the Jewish co-chair of the Catholic Jewish Women’s Conference of Los Angeles.  We are looking for a Jewish woman of color to speak at our annual conference on November 11 (on Zoom).  I thought that perhaps in your research you might have found an engaging, enthusiastic speaker to recommend.

You might even be intersted in participating yourself!

Please feel free to contact me at levinedp@gmail.com  or (818) 257-4330.

Thanks!

Diane Levine

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)