Position Title: Assistant Regional Director
Reports to: Regional Director of Engagement
Start Date: As soon as possible Locations: Boston (This role can be hybrid)
Are you interested in joining an organization that is changing the way people think and talk about Israel and U.S. Middle East policy? Responsibilities The Assistant Regional Director (ARD) will be a key member of a seven-person team responsible for engaging leadership, donorship, and stewardship of J Streets presence in a specific geographic area. The ARD is responsible for creating and executing plans that grow the organization’s leadership ranks, raise operating and political funds. Ideal candidates for these positions will have a background in fundraising as well as politics and/or the Jewish community. This position is an outstanding opportunity for a talented, motivated individual to lead strategic engagement efforts for an organization whose influence and reach are growing enormously year to year.
Specific responsibilities include: Development
Cultivate and manage relationships with existing donors, with an eye toward maintaining and increasing their financial support for J Street; Identify new sources of funding through prospect research and development; Cultivate donors for longer-term growth, multi-year and planned giving; Plan and implement high-impact donor and prospect events in the region that both raise new funds and expand J Street’s network of leaders. Relationship Steward Identify, develop and empower leaders in key cities in the region who will drive J Street’s mission; Keep and maintain regional data so it is accurate and current Chapter Stewardship Develop or maintain 1-3 successful, effective chapters in the [geographic area] and develop an annual plan for each chapter with chapter leaders; Make chapters a home for the broader J Street community through regular meetings for chapter leaders and small and large-scale strategic programming that furthers the organization’s goals.
Required and Desired Skills and Characteristics
Applicants should have a demonstrated track record in the following required skills:
- Relevant Experience: 5 plus years experience in a relevant field such as donor relations and fundraising, issue advocacy, volunteer management, and/or political organizing, among others.
- Ability to clearly communicate J Street’s positions and policies as well as superb communication skills at large – written and verbal
- Personally engaging and eager to work with leaders, donors, and staff; able to build and cultivate relationships with a broad range of community contacts
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and work independently as well as in a team
- Comfort with data management Willingness to travel regionally and holding a valid driver’s license
Additional desired qualifications include:
- Background in fundraising and development work, making financial asks and organizing fundraising events
- Experience in community or political organizing
- Familiarity with the region and the respective congressional delegations.
- Event management experience
- Background on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and understanding how the conflict plays out in American politics
This is a full-time position, with occasional work outside traditional work hours on an as-needed basis. The salary is $54,500-$60,000. Per J Street’s Collective Bargaining Agreement, pay and title are commensurate with experience and according to pay bands outlined in our CBA. This position can be hybrid. Our comprehensive benefits package includes unlimited personal time off, sick leave, generous parental and family leave, paid time off on many federal and Jewish holidays, health and dental insurance, company-paid life insurance, a 401k program including an employer match, commuter benefits, and a flexible spending account.
J Street recognizes a staff bargaining unit affiliated with IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in J Street’s bargaining unit and is covered under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
There are no extraordinary physical requirements for the performance of the essential functions of this position. J Street will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. There is potentially some travel associated with the role but this can be discussed if the physical demands of travel would prevent someone from applying.
We are excited to receive applications from a broad range of applicants as we grow our organization to better reflect the diversity of the communities that care about our mission.
Please submit the items listed below HERE:
- Answer two questions in the application process
- List of Three References
- A cover letter is optional if you want to include additional information that was not addressed the two questions asked.
Applications are being accepted now and the position will be filled as quickly as possible.
At J Street we value an inclusive, welcoming, and diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to understanding and valuing each other’s perspectives at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our employees, and the communities we work with. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment and fellowship, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.
Join the Conversation
You must be signed in to join the conversation.Sign In